Functions cover the whole field of controls and quality of data generated and are to review, appraise and report on;
• The soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other relevant controls;
• The extents of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures;
• The extents to which the Government’s assets and interests are properly accounted for and safeguard from losses of all kinds;
• The application of proper authorizations within the delegated authorities given by various levels of management;
• The reliability of accounting and other data developed within the organization and proper co-ordination between departments;
• The quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities being appraised at the appropriate level of management.