Implementation of Personnel Licensing Information Management System
Notice to the Members of Public
Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka is pleased to inform the members of the public that steps have been taken to automate Personnel Licensing activities giving the benefit of today's technology.
The System is up and running on trial basis (beta trial) now and feedback from the users would be cordially welcome.
When the system is fully commissioned every applicant for a personnel licence, will have the following conveniences.
- Submission of application for issue or renewal online without the need of visiting CAA premises.
- On creation of the profile, on internet each licence holder will obtain a reference number and all the correspondence with CAASL, could be tracked with this reference number. Any applicant can view and amend their profile at his/ her own convenience, online on internet.
- Submission of personal information will not be required except at the stage of initial application.
- Reminders on the date of expiry of licence and any other correspondence could be done through email.
- Monitoring as to the progress in regard to the processing of the applications could also be possible.
Two dedicated Personnel Computers have been set up tin the CAA's Lobby area for the use of applicants.
How to register with the system
||Access to the link below.
||Create a user account with a unique name and a password.
||Log on to the system using this user account.
||Click the “create a profile” button and create your own profile. When you fill the profile use all current and valid information since this information will be automatically fill in to your licensing application and to the licence itself.
||Upload a passport size colour photograph of yours taken within the last six months. This photograph will appear on your licence.
Ref. below for the specifications of the photograph.
||If you have completed the profile save it in the system. You can edit the profile as and when required.
How to make an application
- Log on to the system using your username and password.
- Click “Add new application” button.
- Select the appropriate application from the menu.(Note : Personal details which you have already filled in the profile, will be automatically completed by the system.)
- Complete the application form accurately and submit same for processing.
- If your application is incomplete it will be returned and processing of your application will be delayed.
- Print the application, sign and hand over to PEL section when you come to CAASL for making the applicable payment. (Note:Licensing fees have recently been revised - Pl see the gazette under regulations in the CAA website for revised fees and charges)
- If you could not complete the application in one go, you may save it for attending to the balance portion at your convenience.
- Application shall be submitted for processing and only the hard copy of application submitted online shall be brought to PEL section for official purposes.
- All inclusions, amendments and alterations will be recorded in the system.
Photographs - Requirements
Your photo must comply with the specifications below. If the photo does not meet the specifications, you will not be able to upload to the system.
- The size of the photograph should be 2.5 cm height and 2.0 cm width.
- The photos must be identical and taken within the last six months.
- The photo must be in colour, clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-colored background.
- If the photo is digital, it must not be altered in any way.
- Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
- You may wear non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Photograph with sunglasses are not acceptable.
- A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured