Requirements for issuance of Commercial Pilot Licence :-
- Age not less than 18 years
- CAASL Class I Medical Certificate
- Course Completion Letter from CAASL approved Flying School as per IS 72
- CPL/ATPL Theory examination completion result sheet issued by CAASL
- Flying experience as per IS 72 Appendix 3.
- Flight Instructions as per IS 72
- English Language Proficiency. (ELPC Level 4 or higher)
Procedure for the Application
- Register with the computerized Licensing System through www.caa.lk
- Create the user profile
- Submit the CPL issuance application form
Attach the following documents to the application
- Knowledge examination completion result sheet
- Course completion certificate from ATO
- ELPC result sheet
- last page of your log book
- If you need any assistance to create the profile or add new application, press the “Help” button.
- Visit the Training Organization & Personnel Licensing (TOPL) Section with the original log book and other original documents.
- Make the relevant payment to commence the process of evaluation of the application.
- Log book will be returned to you by hand after the evaluation.
- Flight Examiner will be appointed by Director Training Organization & Personnel Licensing (DTOPL) and letters will be sent to the relevant examiner with a copy to you.
- SPL/PPL Shall be valid at the time of the skill test.
- After completion of the skill test, report shall be sent DTOPL for processing.
Application will not be processed unless the applicant produce all required original certificates /documents to TOPL section of CAASL and make the relevant payments.
Application/Document submission time: 9.00 am – 12.30 pm
Document Collection time: 1.30 pm – 3.30 pm
CAASL Approved Flying Training Organizations Click here